Friday, October 15, 2010

London - part 2

Oct 11: Tourist in London

We decided to use this day to actually visit London. So after having breakfast and a small stop to the local Primark, where we bought some 80's sunglasses, a "back to the future" t-shirt for my brother and a "packman" t-shirt for my boyfriend, and to an "all 1£" store where I bought a useful vacuum bag, we got to Circus station.

We walked around LondonCovent Garden, (we went really close to buy a ticket for a musical) Piccadilly Circus, Saint James park, Buckingham Palace, the London eye & the Big Bang, then we got on the subway at Westminster station to go to see in person the Tower Bridge. After all that a stop at the nearer Starbucks for a cappuccino was needed! 
Great day! We arrived at home at about 8pm really really tired. I went to Tesco to buy something for dinner, I close my baggage and I decided to go to sleep dressed cause the day after I had to leave home at 5 am. Since my flight for coming back home was at   7:10 in the morning.

So, now there's the worst part of my London experience.
Oct 12: leaving for Milan
The alarm clock (from my cell-phone)rang at 4:45am (since the first tube run at 5:00 ad Agnese lives 8 minutes walking from the station). Or at least that's what i thought. When I get to the tube I find out it was already 5:20 am.. I find out my cell-phone clock was about 15 minutes later than the real time. So I get to Victoria Station at 6:00 am just to see the train leaving in front of me. My flight was scheduled by 7:10 am and it takes to the train 30 minutes to get to the airport and the next available train was at 6:30 am. That's exactly when I realized I was screwed.
I waited for the next train, I run as fast as I can in the airport but obviously I needed to get to the further gate in the whole airport. When I got there the door was closed and the airplane was in front of me ready to leave. Worst sensation ever. That was the first time in my life I missed a flight
Thus, after waiting for more than half an hour, two women arrived to take me at the easyjet desk to pay a 43£ fee to book a seat on the next available flight to Milano Malpensa at 13.
And guess what? Since while I was running trying to catch the flight I lost all my coins, I didn't have any pounds to buy something to eat.
So, I spent the whole morning at the airport waiting for my flight. In the meanwhile I noticed a sign saying that the gate earlier I reached in 7 minutes (running) requires a 20 minutes walk from the security checks.
Then, my (new) flight was more than 30 minutes late. The first thing that I thought when I saw it on the TV screen was:"You gotta be kidding me!" -_-'
Finally, I got to Milan around 4pm. While I was on the bus I called Valentino and Salvatore to fix the details for the day after.

Apart from that, London was awesome and I can't wait to find a way to go there again. :) I just need to remind my self not to book a flight at 7:10 in the morning even if it's really really cheap. :D
And here some other pics from London:
Me & Agnese at Covent Garden
Saint James Park & the London Eye on the background
One of the friendly squirrels of S. James park
London Eye on Agnese's sunglasses
Agnese's new look :D
At Buckingham Palace 
Unhappy face on the tower bridge!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment